We often talk about how clear aligners can help adult patients, but can we use them to correct smiles for teens too? Invisalign® can help improve oral health and the appearance of smiles for children, teens and adults. Is your teen ready to try our clear aligners?
Try our Quiz on Teens and Invisalign
- True or False: We will examine their smiles to see if they qualify.
- True or False: They can remove the aligners occasionally.
- True or False: Treatment may require up to 18 months.
- True or False: Correcting misalignment can improve oral health.
- True. We will take a look at your child’s misalignment, assessing the cause and extent. We then decide what the best option will be for correcting his/her smile. If we decide Invisalign is the best choice, we will take detailed digital impressions, digital x-rays, and photographs. These items will be used at an Invisalign lab to design and create a series of custom aligners from a BPA-free plastic material.
- True. You can take out the aligners before meals, which means no need to avoid hard or chewy foods. The aligners can also be removed prior to brushing and flossing, which allows patients to better clean and care for their teeth during treatment, reducing the risk of tooth decay and teeth stains.
- True. On average, treatment requires between a year and 18 months. The exact amount of time will depend on the extent of your teen’s misalignment.
- True. We touched on this briefly in answer two, but the ability to remove aligners means better oral care from home. In addition, correcting uneven smiles can reduce pressure on the jaw joints, limiting the risk of TMJ disorder and bruxism developing. If you have any questions about addressing misalignment with clear aligners, then please contact our office today.
Is Your Family Ready for Clear Aligners?
If you have a teenager ready for a more even smile, then let us know! We can help you enjoy a more beautiful smile with our clear plastic aligners. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.