We often see Invisalign promoted for adults, especially ones concerned about how metal orthodontics would impact their professional appearance. However, clear aligners are not just limited to improving smiles in adults. We can also use them to help kids and teens as well.
Try Our Quiz on Helping Kids and Teens with Invisalign
- True or False: We help children as young as age seven.
- True or False: Invisalign has special features for teen patients.
- True or False: Correcting misalignment can offer a number of benefits.
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made.
- True. Around age seven, children should have their smiles examined by an orthodontist or dentist to assess their risk of misalignment. Often, treating the issue in the earliest stages can limit the amount of time the child may need to wear braces or aligners in their teen years. Often, we can begin treatment with the Invisalign aligners as early as age seven!
- True. Teens also benefit from clear aligners! Often, the aligners can include blue dots on them that wear away of the aligners are worn properly, allowing the patient, dentist, and parents to make sure treatment is proceeding as prescribed.
- True. When we correct misalignment, this does more than just improve your smile’s appearance. Treating alignment issues can decrease the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, TMJ disorder, and even bruxism (teeth grinding/jaw clenching).
- True. We will take detailed impressions of your child’s smile, along with digital x-rays and images using intraoral cameras. The resulting materials will be used at the Invisalign lab to create a series of custom-made aligners for a comfortable fit and accurate treatment. If you have any questions about treating misalignment then contact our office today.
Do Your Kids Need Orthodontics?
We can now use clear aligners to help improve alignment in your children’s smiles! Instead, we can use a series of clear aligners to offer clear and comfortable smile correction. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.