We have experience treating smiles with Invisalign. In fact, Dr. Calcagno has been awarded the distinction of being an Invisalign Preferred Provider. Which means we know quite a bit about using clear aligners to correct smiles. As a result, we understand the many benefits clear aligners offer over traditional metal braces.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
- They’re Nearly Invisible: The aligners are made of a clear plastic. Which means when worn, they are nearly invisible. For this reason, many adults and teens prefer clear aligners to metal braces, which many fear could have a negative impact on their professional appearance.
- Aligners are Comfortable: Instead of being made from metal, the aligners are custom-made from plastic. As a result, they fit comfortably. Patients can avoid the gum and cheek irritation often encountered with metal orthodontics. Being custom-made further ensures a comfortable fit during treatment.
- Fewer Changes to Your Daily Life: With metal braces, you need to avoid certain foods that can become stuck in your braces or damage them. In addition, you can have a difficult time thoroughly brushing and flossing your teeth. However, since you can remove these aligners, you can eat as you always have. In addition, brushing and flossing is significantly easier, allowing you to maintain healthy smile throughout the treatment process.
- People of All Ages Can Wear Them: We’ve treated children as young as age seven with our aligners. In addition, they work great for teens and adults. We will examine your smile to see if they are the best choice for correcting your misalignment.
- Shorter Treatment Times: With braces, treatment can take as long as two or more years. However, with Invisalign treatment is typically a year. In some cases, we may require up to 18 months. But overall. Treatment is shorter (and requires fewer office visit as well). If you have any questions about our aligners, then please contact our office today.
Interested in Clear Aligners?
Using Invisalign, we can help you obtain a straighter smile without using metal braces. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.